Calcium rich foods – neeed of the hour!
1. MILK: Milk is highly nutritious and is a vital source of calcium and vitamin D for women during pregnancy milk is rich protein, amino acids, and fatty acid 8-All of which are essential for the development baby’s nervous system.
2. ORANGES: a) Low in fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
b) Abundant in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
c) Rich in dietary fibre.
d) Satisfies cravings and curbs hunger.
3. Dates: a) Provides energy.
b) Relief from consumption.
c) Proteins produce amino acids.
d) Helps in preventing birth defects.
e) Vitamin K for the body.
f) Contains iron.
4. Dried figs: a) helps strengthen the bones.
b) May help in brain development of the foetus.
c) May lower risk of anaemia
d) Keep your cravings in control
e) Improve digestion
f) May provide to relief from morning sickness
g) Help to regulate blood sugar levels
h) Balance cholesterol levels.
i) Provide to our body glucose.
5. OATMEAL: Oatmeal is an excellent choice for breakfast during pregnancy. Not only is it good for stabilizing your blood sugar but it can also help to soothe a queasy stomach during those early waves of first trimester nausea.
6. ALMONDS: Almonds are good source of vit B9. It’s an integral part of nutrients required during pregnancy as it helps in the neurological development of the fetus and helps in the prevention of many birth defects. Almonds are rich in dietary fibers.
7. KALE: Kale is a nutritious leafy vegetable loaded with fiber, vitamins, and calcium. Green vegetables are an essential part of any pregnancy diet.
8. BROCCOLI: Broccoli is a good source of B vitamins — namely B9, also known as fol-ate. Fol-ate is an essential nutrient for the development of the fetal brain and spinal cord. Regular consumption of fol-ate-rich foods like broccoli can help ensure healthy pregnancy outcomes.
9. TOFU - Tofu is the soybean curd which is rich in calcium. It is also a rich source of nutrients like magnesium, proteins, vitamin E, minerals, and iron.
Leave a reply